Jim Acosta is an American broadcast journalist and anchor popular as the chief domestic correspondent for CNN. He gained huge national attention for his clashes with former President Donald Trump at press briefings during the Trump administration.
Since Acosta has always been in public attention because of his job, his professional career is as clear as crystal. But are you aware of his personal life? If not, then this article is for you!
Married, Wife & Divorce
The CNN anchor Jim Acosta was previously married to Sharon Mobley Stow. The estranged couple tied the knot back in 1994.
Sharon is a registered nurse. They met while attending James Maddison University, fell in love, and began dating.
Acosta and his ex-wife Sharon were married for more than two decades. In between these years, they became parents to three children. They have two daughters and a son.
Acosta and Sharon parted ways in 2017. However, the reason behind their divorce is not yet known.
Suggested Read: CNN Rosemary Church Wiki, Married, Husband, Children, Net Worth
Jim Acosta’s Relationship Status
Acosta has shrouded his personal life with secrecy since his divorce from Sharon. Nevertheless, Page Six posted an article in July 2017 about him embracing the single life after divorce.
According to the article, Acosta was enjoying single life. One of the White House colleagues said,
“A friend lives in his building and [has seen] him with different women.”
Since then, there are no news on his possible dating life. Acosta has not been married again and neither has been spotted with anyone who could be guessed as his girlfriend. Likewise, he hasn’t given any hint on his love life through social media.
Suggested Read: CNN John Harwood Personal Life|Wife, Divorce, Net Worth
Jim Acosta Net Worth
Although nothing much is known about Acosta’s personal life, it’s no secret that he has been relishing a successful journalism career.
Acosta has been active in his professional career for more than 25 years and has been working at CNN for more than 14 years since joining the network as a correspondent in March 2007.
Working at CNN has helped Acosta boost his career and garner both fame and fortune. He has been receiving a wonderful salary from CNN as its chief domestic correspondent. Likewise, his net worth is estimated to be in the range of $2 million to $4 million.
Suggested Read: CNN Wolf Blitzer Married Life, Wife, Children, Net Worth
- Jim Acosta was born in the year 1971 and is currently at the age of 50. His birthday is on April 17.
- Acosta has mixed ethnicity as his father is Cuban and his mother is of Irish and Czech ancestry.
- His father, who was born in Santa Maria del Rosario, fled to the United States at a young age in the rise of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- When Acosta was 11 years old, his family migrated to Miami.
- Talking about his education, he attended James Madison University. He graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in mass communications and a minor in political science.
- He was married to Sharon Mobley Stow from 1994 to 2017. They are parents to three kids.
- His net worth is estimated to be in the range of $2 million to $4 million.
Suggested Read: CNN Brian Stelter Wiki, Wife, Salary, Net Worth