Fareed Zakaria is an Indian-American journalist best known for hosting CNN's Fareed Zakaria GPS. Fareed is also a political commentator and author who has been an editor at large of Time and editor of Newsweek International. Currently, he writes a weekly paid column for The Washington Post.
Married, Wife, Children
The CNN host Fareed Zakaria was previously married to Paula Throckmorton. Paula is a jewelry designer by profession.
Fareed and his ex-wife Paula got married in the year 1997 and got separated after two decades of marriage. In July of 2018, Paula filed for divorce citing, “irretrievable breakdown.”
The lawsuit was filed seven years after the couple briefly separated in 2011. During that time, Fareed acknowledged their trouble issuing a statement stating that he has taken a separate apartment a few blocks away from the house that they used to share.
In the course of their marriage, the couple became parents to three kids. They have a son named Omar Zakaria and two daughters named Lila Zakaria and Sofia Zakaria.
After the amicable divorce, Paula now lives in Rhinebeck.
How Much Is Fareed Zakaria’s Net Worth?
As a journalist and author, Fareed Zakaria has been able to assemble a huge net worth of $12 million. In the year 2021, his annual salary is estimated to be $5 million.
At the time of divorce, Fareed’s worth was estimated to be $8 million. The former husband and wife duo owned several properties including a $2.1 million estate in Rhinebeck, N.Y, and a $3.4 million Upper West Side townhouse.
You May Like: CNN Wolf Blitzer Married Life, Wife, Children, Net Worth
- Fareed Zakaria was born in the year 1964 and is currently at the age of 57. Fareed’s birthday is on the 20th of January.
- He was born to a Konkani Muslim family in Mumbai. Talking about his parents, his father’s name is Rafiq Zakaria and his mother’s name is Fatima Zakaria.
- Fareed’s father was a politician associated with the Indian National Congress and his mother worked for the Sunday Times of India as an editor.
- His mother Fatima passed away at the age of 85 from Covid-related complications at Bajaj Hospital in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India.
- He is the author of books like Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World, The Post American World and In Defense of a Liberal Education.